Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

To be a writer I must make a commitment to myself.

For most of my life I have enjoyed the art of story telling. I like telling a story in such a way that my audience is caught up in the story. I have been writing stories since I was old enough to hold a crayon but until recently there were always reasons why I could not write. I was too busy, too parenting, too working, too tired, too sad, too angry, too happy, too distracted. I always said I wanted to be a writer and I even studied in courses I never quite completed. I started this Blog in a desultory way and I played at writing. A peom here, a song lyric there, a dozen or so competition entries, a few stories for kids and one novel I sent out then did nothign with after its first two rejections. Three months ago I was still playing at writing as a hobby. Then I MADE A DECISION> I also SET GOALS. I COMMITTED to campnanowrimo. I JOINED professional organisations. I SUBSCRIBED to professional magazines.DECIDE- SET GOALS-COMMIT-NETWORK-SUBSCRIBE-BECOME. The things I have heard and have known for a long time but until I enacted these things nothing happened. Since then I have written over 100000 words. I feel like my brain is alive, I feel joy and excitement. I feel a sese of purpose and achievement. I AM A WRITER... DECIDE- SET GOALS-COMMIT-NETWORK-SUBSCRIBE-BECOME

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3