Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

Sunday

Sunday is a day of rest...nah not for me, Sunday is get a whole lot of words on the page so i can meet the deadline. I am not yet back above the line so today is the catch up day. I managed to write five and a half thousand words yesterday and had visitors and went out to the supermarket and dropped in on a friend so today if I lock the door and pretend i am not here I may be able to match that. I hope so.


Today my picture book idea is about being unaware of the world around us. I am thinking of a fairy tale I read when I was young about a princess who rejects all the beautiful real creatures in favour of clockwork ones and is lured in her silk gown into a pigsty for a clockwork toy. The story hints at an attitude more true now than it has ever been. My sketch today is called Oblivious for obvious reasons.




and now it is time for a cup of tea and a fruit smoothie to start the day with.


2 comments:

  1. Ok well fruit smoothies are delicious and ideas are also delicious. Do you think there is something in the lax education which is why the kids that do try do so well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ceci, how inspiring to wander around your site, have a read, check out the drawings and visit the off-shoots. Feels like a little ramble over a cuppa, or a chat at the kitchen sink, and its good to see you writing daily and still working solidly toward finishing your novels. I take my hat off to you girl and I will visit again! You have brightened my day ... cheers with love Mon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3