Pages

Wednesday 26 August 2015

RWA Conference 2015 stories galore first review

I came home from the conference with thirteen novels by thirteen authors I have yet to read. I will review them as I finish. I am not very generous with my stars but if I like it I like it and only my childhood favourites get the five star treatment on sentimental grounds.
My reviews are based on
1 - believable characters
2- a plot that keeps me turning the pages
3- the structural integrity of the prose (gain marks for a good knowledge of pronouns)
4- a time line that holds up to scrutiny
5- seamless integration of world bulding/back story/technical details

Without further ado, I present:

Turtle ReefTurtle Reef by Jennifer Scoullar

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Turtle Reef is a love story, not just between people but of the land, the sea and the animals and the environmental elements that make a place so special.
Jennifer Scoullar has written a lovely diorama of a beautiful part of Queensland and filled it with interesting characters and an engaging plot. Her prose is well structured and the pace is just right for a love story.

I would recommend this novel to anyone who loves their stories filled with panoramic views and plenty of sugar.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3