Pages

Saturday 2 November 2013

retroactive winning

Over the years I have kept my writing skills sharp by entering 25 word or less competitions. I didn't keep all of them and I wish I had because i won a piano when I was 17 and I have won movie tickets and videos and later DVDs and books and so many other lovely little things that made life fun and kept me writing when life was hectic and full. Many of the things I won I gave away like the prize of this competition...


Subject: You're a Winner!
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 16:54:12 +1000

Congratulations Cecilia,

You are a winner in the Asus gaming competition you entered at: www.facebook.com.au/asusaustralia on the 18th of May.

Subject to you being able to verify a few facts regarding your eligibility, you will receive a PC game pack from 2k games valued at $999.00.

The PC Game Pack includes 12 games. 6 Games are published, 6 are upcoming releases. The release date of the upcoming PC games is subject to change, and 2k reserves the right to substitute other games in their place without prior notice. The published games will be sent to you by the 20th of June, the balance as they are released over the next 12 months.

Published Games


BioShock 1

BioShock 2

Civilization V

Mafia II

Borderlands Game of the Year Edition

NBA 2K11



Upcoming Releases (Release date to be confirmed)



Civilization V Game of the Year Edition

Duke Nukem Forever

Spec Ops: The Line

The Darkness 2

XCOM

NBA 2K12



Can you please provide us with the following information;



a. Your date of Birth

b. Are you a resident of Australia

c. Your contact phone number

d. Your preferred delivery address



If you do not respond within a reasonable period of time we will reallocate the prize pack to another contestant.



I hope to hear from you soon.



Regards,



Helmut Fleig

And this one, which was a Fallout Boy concert on the ship Tobruk. MY sister and Niece went to this one and had photos taken with the band. My own daughter who was a BIG fan could not go as she was underage. Unfortunately they never received any of the pictures they were promised, but I think my niece had a good time.


image002.jpg@01CC170D.67F51370


My piano ended up burning in the murrindindi fires in 2009. I will have another piano some day but I am sitting here smiling , knowing my writing skills had a terrific musical result back then.

There is always a way to make your creative skills benefit your life and even become your rent payer if only you say "How can I make this happen?" instead of "I can't do it, it's too hard." this is my community announcement to me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3