Pages

Saturday 28 June 2014

Saturday 28th June

Today I wrote enough words to be 55 words short of my 70,000 word goal for the Romance Writers of Australia (RWA) 50/30 challenge which is a challenge to write 50,000 words in 30 days. I surpassed that and set my goal at 60k then 70k and today I upped it again to 75k so I have 5055 words to write in two days.

I gave up on meeting my WOW NonFicPic goals of writing 7 non fiction first drafts for children. I had the seven ideas from MiniWOW but I could not dedicate the time to writing a good first draft while I was so immersed in my new novel (or novels) and also trying to meet an art deadline.

The 52 week art challenge has grown to 1900 participants from around the world and watching the art go up each week it a complete joy. Tania McCartney asked us to tell her how many pieces of art we had done since joining the challenge and three words for what it means to us. The words were things like Inspiring, Hope, Alive, Joy, Meditative, Love, rediscovery and so many more. For all the participants the art challenge has become a way to rediscover their art skills and the joy of creating art. It is also a safe and supportive environment to challenge ourselves to try new art medium and to inspire each other to look at the world in a different way.
I counted up mine thinking I had created about 60 art pieces for the challenge when in fact I have done more than 170.

This week the theme is Clouds. Here is my latest cloud. A revisit to cross hatching.

I have signed up for next month's Camp NaNoWriMo and intend to continue the novel I started this month in RWA 50/30. I feel a series happening or a very big single title. I shall keep you posted. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to call you friend, you inspire me often.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my chatter and look at my pictures. I hope you found something to brighten your day. <3